Monday, August 18, 2008

And Now for Something Competely Different....

I guess it's time to formally let everyone know our news. Most of our family already knows.

Despite all of the struggles we had becoming pregnant with both Blake & Ava, we have been blessed with the coming of a 3rd baby.....as a complete surprise! We both had it somewhat in our heads (& hearts) that we wouldn't become pregnant without medicinal aid. What a shock we had when we got home from our trip. Apparently God has a bit of a sense of humor & has allowed us to become parents again.

Now, we are the first to tell you what an incredible joy it is to be pregnant & have our children. But, I would be lying if I told you that this did not completely rock our world. The shock has not quite completely worn off. The nerves are still there. (After 2 miscarriages how could they not be?!) We both have these moments of thinking, "How in the world will we manage this!"

The past 2 weeks have been a time of reconnection for all of us. It has also been a time of adjustment to the idea of having 3 little ones.

Will we love this baby with our whole hearts?
-YES.
Will all of this work itself out?
-YES.
Will our lives be forever changed for the better with the newest member of our family?
-YES.
Are we completely freaked out that we will have 2 kids under 2?
- YES YES YES!

May God give us peace and sanity in the coming days/weeks/months. Everything else will work itself out.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

For the sake of three I'll say: CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Since I was the third child in my family (and the best!!!), and since I love all my grandchildren with my whole heart, I think this will be a blessing and that God will help you each and every day. We love you.

kristen lewis said...

While I personally disagree about third children being best (sorry Mark), I, too, am excited about your news! Congratulations!